Year Started at Lehigh
|Title:||Sr. Associate Director of Athletics/SWA|
- Family: Four children and twelve grandchildren
Professional Work Experience:
- Doctor of Education, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA ‘98
(Sport Management and Leisure Studies)
- Master of Education, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA ‘89
- Bachelor of Science of Education, Philadelphia, PA ‘65
(Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance)
- Pitman High School diploma, ‘61
- Lehigh University (1980 – present)
Senior Associate Director of Athletics (1991-present)
Associate Director of Athletics (1988-1990)
Assistant Director of Athletics (1985-1988)
Head Tennis Coach (1980-1989) – Five ECC Championships, four ECC second place finishes and a Colonial League Championship (now Patriot League). Winning record 140-58.
Head Volleyball Coach (1980-1984). Winning record 109-88.
- NCAA Committees: Division I Women’s Lacrosse-2005-07; Tennis 1996-2000, and Academics and Eligibility Compliance Cabinet 1996-99.
- Adjunct Professor: East Stroudsburg (1992 and 1994) and Desales University (2001).
- Co-Direct Starter’s Camp (2009-present): for children 4-7 years old to experience the fundamentals in a variety of sports.
Honors and Achievements:
- Senior Nationals – currently participate in senior national tournaments in Basketball, Softball and Volleyball.
- College Varsity Sports – Field hockey, Swimming, Basketball, Tennis and Bowling
- High School Varsity Sports – Field Hockey, Basketball, and Lacrosse. Also competed with indoor and outdoor swim clubs.
Interests / Activities:
- Temple University Hall of Fame, 1986.
- Gloucester County, New Jersey Hall of Fame, 1992
- Pitman High School Athletics Hall of Fame, 1995.
- Family biked across the USA from Sadona Beach, CA to Rehoboth Beach, DE, 1981, Philadelphia Marathon ’87, and Paddle Tennis, Pennsylvania State Finalist 1988.
What I enjoy about Lehigh?
- Spending time with my children and grandchildren which includes playing with them and watching them compete.
- Keeping fit which enables me to continue to compete.
- Energizing to work with students and staff in a learning environment.