Posted: 02/16/2013 | Last updated: February 16, 2013 at 05:24 PM
BETHLEHEM, Pa. – Lehigh’s top doubles team of junior Jenai Bilimoria and sophomore Abby Farrell posted a victory but it wasn’t enough as Stony Brook won the doubles point and swept six singles matches to defeat the Mountain Hawks 7-0 Saturday inside the Lewis Tennis Center. With the loss Lehigh falls to 1-5 on the season.
Bilimoria and Farrell posted a win at the top doubles flight, downing Polina Movchan and Becky Schtillkind 8-5, but the Seawolves took the matches at the second and third flights to take an early 1-0 lead.
In singles play, Stony Brook extended its lead as Cassie Dix won 6-0, 6-0 over sophomore Emily Bruch at No.4 singles. Movchan downed Farrell 6-1, 6-1 at No. 2 doubles, while Bilimoria fell to Nini Lagvilava 6-1, 7-5 at the top flight as the Seawolves clinched the victory. At No.3 singles, freshman Ali Kaminetsky forced a first set tiebreak against Schtillkind before falling 7-6, 6-4.
Junior Jill Sloand moved up to No.5 singles, where she fell in straight sets against Chloe Pike. Newcomer Marian Prim made her varsity debut, losing in straight sets at No. 6 singles after playing No. 2 doubles alongside Bruch.
The Mountain Hawks will try and get back on the winning track on Sunday when they host Mount St. Mary’s at 2 p.m. inside the Lewis Tennis Center.
Stony Brook 7 Lehigh 0
1. Bilimoria/Farrell (LU) def. Movchan/Shtillkind (SBU) 8-5
2. Badoche/Altansarnai (SBU) def. Prim/Bruch (LU) 8-4
3. Dix/Setyon (SBU) def. Kaminetsky/Sloand (LU) 8-5
1. Nini Lagvilava (SBU) def. Jenai Bilimoria (LU) 6-1, 7-5
2. Polina Movchan (SBU) def. Abby Farrell (LU) 6-1, 6-1
3. Becky Schtillkind (SBU) def. Ali Kaminetsky (LU) 7-6 (2), 6-4
4. Cassie Dix (SBU) def. Emily Bruch (LU) 6-0, 6-0
5. Chloe Pike (SBU) def. Jill Sloand (LU) 6-2, 6-0
6. Lisa Setyon (SBU) def. Marian Prim (LU) 6-0, 6-0