Posted: 03/19/2013 | Last updated: March 19, 2013 at 09:16 PM
BETHLEHEM, Pa. – In its final tune-up before Patriot League play begins this weekend, the Lehigh women’s tennis team fell to Saint Joseph’s 7-0 Tuesday inside the Lewis Tennis Center. Junior Taylor Hampshire and freshman Ali Kaminetsky won at No. 2 doubles but the visiting Hawks won the other two doubles matches and swept six singles matches.
The loss drops Lehigh to 2-10 on the season.
Hampshire and Kaminetsky continued their recent strong doubles play with an 8-3 win over Kristina Eisenbrand and Lauren Roy at the No. 2 flight, but Saint Joseph’s (6-8) won the other two matches to take a 1-0 lead.
In singles play, Hampshire made her season debut, playing No. 3 and won the first set from Eisenbrand before losing the second set 6-1 and dropping a third set ten point tiebreak 10-3. Saint Joseph’s posted straight set wins at the top two singles flights plus No. 4 and No. 5 singles. Roy capped the match with a win over sophomore Molly Brooks at sixth singles. Brooks won the first set but ultimately fell in a ten point tiebreak.
The Mountain Hawks will open Patriot League play with two matches this weekend at West Point, N.Y. as Lehigh will face Holy Cross Saturday at 3 p.m. and Army Sunday at 1 p.m.
Saint Joseph’s 7, Lehigh 0
1. Robinson/Davis (SJU) def. Bilimoria/Farrell (LU) 8-5
2. Hampshire/Kaminetsky (LU) def. Eisenbrand/Roy (SJU) 8-3
3. Mulquin/Jadeja (SJU) def. Bruch/Prim (LU) 8-2
1. Casey Robinson (SJU) def. Jenai Bilimoria (LU) 6-4, 6-3
2. Aurora Davis (SJU) def. Abby Farrell (LU) 6-0, 6-0
3. Kristina Eisenbrand (SJU) def. Taylor Hampshire (LU) 4-6, 6-1, 10-3
4. Devi Jadeja (SJU) def. Ali Kaminetsky (LU) 6-3, 6-0
5. Kelly Mulquin (SJU) def. Emily Bruch (LU) 6-2, 6-2
6. Lauren Roy (SJU) def. Molly Broks (LU) 2-6, 6-1, 10-4