MERION STATION, Pa. – One day after picking up its second win of the season, Lehigh fell by a 6-1 score to Saint Joseph’s Sunday at the SJU Tennis Complex. The Mountain Hawks won the doubles point, taking two of the three matches, but the Hawks rallied to capture all six singles matches. The loss drops Lehigh to 2-10 on the season.
Saint Joseph’s opened doubles play with an 8-0 win at No. 3 doubles. Lehigh pulled even as the No. 2 team of freshman Abby Farrell and sophomore Jill Sloand won 8-2 over Kate Dowd and Jenna Proczyk. The decisive point came at No. 1 doubles as sophomore Jenai Bilimoria teamed with senior Liz Piscitelli to win 8-4 over Devi Jadeja and Aurora Davis.
In singles play the host Hawks stormed back, taking the lead with convincing wins at the No. 3 and No. 4 flights? Saint Joseph’s went on to win the other four matches as well, although Farrell won the first set from Jadeja 6-4, before dropping the second set and a third set super tiebreak.
The Mountain Hawks will return home for a pair of matches this weekend as Lehigh hosts Indiana (Pa.) at 3 p.m. Friday and Loyola (Md.) Sunday at 1 p.m.
Saint Joseph’s 6, Lehigh 1
1. Bilimoria/Piscitelli (LU) def. Jadeja/Davis (SJU) 8-4
2. Farrell/Sloand (LU) def. Dowd/Proczyk (SJU) 8-2
3. Vona/Walsh (SJU) def. Brooks/Bruch (LU) 8-0
1. Casey Robinson (SJU) def. Jenai Bilimoria (LU), 7-5, 6-1
2. Devi Jadeja (SJU) def. Abby Farrell (LU), 4-6, 6-3, 10-6
3. Aurora Davis (SJU) def. Liz Piscitelli (LU), 6-0, 6-2
4. Laura Matz (SJU) def. Kathleen Larkin (LU), 6-0, 6-1
5. Lauren Roy (SJU) def. Gabby Drucker (LU), 7-5, 6-2
6. Kelly Mulquin (SJU) def. Jill Sloand (LU), 7-5, 6-1