Mountain Hawks get back on track with 7-0 win over St. Francis
BETHLEHEM, Pa. – In its first outdoor match of the season Lehigh snapped a three-match losing streak with a commanding 7-0 win over St. Francis (N.Y.) Saturday on the Ulrich Varsity Courts. The Mountain Hawks swept through all three doubles matches and won all six singles matches in straight sets to improve to 7-4 on the season.
Lehigh dropped a total of just four games en route to capturing the doubles point. The No. 2 team of sophomore Mark Goldberg and freshman Mitchell Petersen blanked James Brennan-Tsang and Alex Tokarz 8-0 to lead the doubles effort.
Goldberg did not compete in singles, so everyone else moved up a flight, but the Mountain Hawks still managed to win all six matches in straight sets. The toughest test came at No. 4 singles where junior Andrew Krentz held off Martin Grunin 7-5, 7-5.
The Mountain Hawks will be back on the courts on Sunday when they travel to Philadelphia to face Saint Joseph’s at 1 p.m.
Lehigh 7, St. Francis 0
1. Savran/Gilman (LU) def. Mba/Robinson (SFC) 8-2
2. Goldberg/Petersen (LU) def. Tsang/Tokarz (SFC) 8-0
3. Krentz/Chernykh (LU) def. Gonzalez/Grunin (SFC) 8-2
1. Ben Gilman (LU) def. Danlahdi Robinson (SFC) 6-1, 6-2
2. Mitchell Petersen (LU) def. Tita Mba (SFC) 6-1, 6-2
3. Matt Savran (LU) def. Danny Gonzalez (SFC) 6-0, 6-1
4. Andrew Krentz (LU) def. Martin Grunin (SFC) 7-5, 7-5
5. DJ Goldblum (LU) def. Rafael Angobaldo (SFC) 6-0, 6-1
6. Timur Chernykh (LU) def. James Brennan-Tsang (SFC) 6-1, 6-1