Intramural Volleyball Rules
VARSITY LETTER WINNERS OR STUDENTS WHO INTERCOLLEGIATE ELIGIBILITY HAS EXPIRED, RED SHIRTED OR WHO ARE INELIGABLE FOR INTERCOLLIGIATE ATHLETICS FOR ANY REASON ARE ALSO INEDIGIBLE FOR INTRAMURAL COMPETITION IN THAT SPORT. Any student listed on the official eligibility roster for any intercollegiate sport on the day of its first contest is ineligible to participate in that sport.
- 6 players constitute a team however you may beginning with 5 but then must play with only 5
- Rally scoring will be used – A point is scored on each serve. Side outs result in loss of serve for the team serving and 1 point for the opposing team.
- A match will consist of the best of 2 out of 3 games of 15 points each – First team to 15 wins (no win by 2 points)
- Teams change sides at the end of each game. Should the ball strike the basketball rim/backboard/ceiling and lands on the same side, the ball is live. If the ball lands on your opponent’s side , it is a point and loss of serve
- Ball landing on the line is IN
- Change in positions can only be made after the ball is served. Then you must go back to your original position once the ball is dead.
- A serve that touches the net and goes over is LIVE
- A player may not physically touch the net. Loss of serve and point awarded
- Any player that comes under the net and effect the play of the ball or person will result in a point and loss of serve