Intramural Soccer Rules
- Teams will consist of 7 players including the goalie but you may play with 5
- Remove all jewelry prior to playing
- Only shoes with rubber soles are permitted to be worn
- Game length will be (2) 13 minute halves with a 5 minute halftime – exchange goals at the end of the half
- Time Does NOT stop for any reason except injuries
- No Off Sides
- Free substitution in only during throw ins, after a goal is scored or between periods
- A player will be penalized if they intentionally kick, strike attempts to kick or strike, or jumps at an opponent. PENALTY – Direct Free Kick
- A player may not strike, carry or propel the ball with their hands or arms with the exception of the goalie. Penalty – Indirect Free Kick
- A direct free kick is one which a goal can be scored directly by the kick. Players must be at least 10 yards away from the kicker.
- Opponents may not touch, block run into or hamper a goalie when he/she is in front of the goal
- Goalie may not be charged when he/she has possession of the ball. Outside if the goal, he/she has no more privileges than any other player
In the case of a tie, a 5 minute sudden death overtime will be played. If time elapses with no score, 5 players from the people will that played in the 5 minute overtime will compete using the penalty kick procedure. Teams will alternate kicks form the top of the goal circle. Goalies are NOT permitted to participate as a kicker. If the score is tied after 10 people have kicked, kicks shall continue one player at a time until, after an equal number of shots, one team has scored one more goal than the other.
The rules have been designed for the intramural player that may have never participated in this sport to someone that may have had a significant amount of experience. For this reason and one of safety anyone that slide tackles or leaves their feet (windmill) for the purpose of passing or scoring a goal will result in expulsion for the game.