Intramural Basketball Rules
- 5 Players constitute a team but you may play with 4
- Players my only play with 1 team. Anyone that violates this rule will be suspended from further play and all teams will receive an automatic lose so inform your team of this.
- Games will be (2) 10 minute halves – Running clock
- (2) Time outs per half – 1 Additional for overtime period
- 2 Minute halftime
- Any foul occurring after the 2 minute mark in the 2nd half will result in 2 foul shots.
- Subs may enter only enter the game when the ball is dead. They must announce their departure in the game to the opposing team.
- If the score is tied at the end of the 2nd half, a (1) minute intermission shall be called during which time neither team shall leave the floor.
- The first over time will be 2 minutes in length and each team will receive an additional time out
- If the game is still tied at the end of the first overtime, a second 1 – minute overtime will be played. NO TIMEOUT WILL BE AWARDED IN THE SECOND OVERTIME.
If a team has a 30 point lead at the half, time or anytime during the second half, the game is to be officially over and the score will be final at that point. The teams should leave the floor so the next game can start.