Intramural 4 on 4 Flag Football Rules
4 on 4 Flag Football Rules
- A team will consist of 4 players but you may play with 3
- Playing field is 60 yards, end line to end line and 30 yards wide. There are (2) 10 yard end zones and (2) 20 yard zones. The field is divided by (1) hash mark.
- Each half will consist of 10 minutes with a 2 minute halftime. The clock will run for 9 minutes continuously with a 1 minute warning at each half. The clock will only stop on incomplete passes within the final minute of each half.
- Each team receives only 1 time out per half
- There will be no punting or kick offs. At the beginning of each half or after a score, the opposing team will start with the ball on their own 10 yard line
- There must be a legal forward pass EACH down. The person receiving the ball must be beyond the line of scrimmage. The passer has 7 seconds to release the ball.
- A team has 3 consecutive downs to advance to the next zone for a first down. It the team does not advance, the other team take possession of the ball at the previous location
- There must be 1 offensive player on the line of scrimmage to snap the ball.
- THERE IS NO RUSHING
- Extra Points
- Throw from 10 yard line
- Throw from 5 yard line
Each team will get 1 down in which they can attempt a (1) point pass conversion at the 5 yard line or a (2) point pass from the 10 yard line. If the ball is intercepted, the ball is dead. If overtime is necessary, repeat the process
Former Varsity football Players Are Not Permitted to Participate In This Event