Posted: February 24, 2008
BETHLEHEM, Pa. – One day after suffering a narrow heartbreaking loss to UConn, Lehigh was shut out by Drexel 7-0 Sunday at the Lewis Tennis Center. The Dragons swept all three doubles matches and all six singles matches to hand Lehigh its second straight setback and drop the Mountain Hawks to 1-4 on the season.
Head coach Dave Shook is still searching for the right line-up combinations with his young team. Nine different Mountain Hawks saw action in either singles or doubles. Only senior John Nespoli and freshmen Troy List and Arnaldo Pacheco played both singles and doubles on the day.
The closest doubles match was an 8-6 win for Sobyasachi Bose and Nick Bacchus over Pacheco and freshman Cameron Silbert at No. 3. All six singles matches were won by the visiting Dragons in straight sets.
Lehigh will return to the courts on Monday March 3, when the Mountain Hawks head outdoors for the first time to face Florida Tech at noon in the opening match of their spring break trip to Florida.
1. Laalej/Savage-Pollock (DU) def. Nespoli/List (LU) 8-5
2. Koebole/Pangilinan (DU) def. Herbert/J.T. Bolcar (LU) 8-3
3. Bose/Bacchus (DU) def. Pacheco/Silbert (LU) 8-6
1. Omar Laalej (DU) def. John Nespoli (LU) 6-2, 6-1
2. Joe Koebole (DU) def. Troy List (LU) 6-4, 7-6 (5)
3. Carlo Pangilinan (DU) def. Mike Gordon (LU) 7-5, 6-1
4. Nick Bacchus (DU) def. Arnaldo Pacheco (LU) 6-0, 6-1
5. Jason Savage Pollock (DU) def. Chris Collins (LU) 7-5, 6-1
6. Sobyasachi Bose (DU) def. Jon-Michael Caminiti (LU) 6-4, 6-4