Posted: April 15, 2007
BETHLEHEM, Pa. – Playing in its final home match of the regular season, Lehigh fell to Colgate 5-2 Sunday afternoon at the Lewis Tennis Center. The Raiders won two out of three doubles matches to claim the first point and added wins in four singles matches, to drop Lehigh to 0-2 in the Patriot League. The Mountain Hawks are now 6-10 overall, while Colgate improves to 11-7, 3-1 in league matches.
Colgate captured the first two flights to win the doubles point. The Lehigh tandem of senior Cessa Murasko-Blank and sophomore Victoria Vityuk defeated Erin Fenn and Jackie Stimmel 8-3 at No. 3 doubles.
In singles play, Lehigh got a 6-0, 6-3 win from Gwen Dwyer over Jackie Couture in her final home regular season match at first singles. Freshman Julie Arthofer added a 6-0, 6-1 win over Fenn. The remaining four flights went to Colgate.
The Mountain Hawks will return to the courts on Tuesday when they travel to archrival Lafayette. First serve is set for 3:00 pm from Easton, Pa. After wrapping up the regular season Thursday at Army, Lehigh will host the Patriot League tournament on the Ulrich Varsity Courts April 28-30.
1. Couture/DeRose (CU) def. Dwyer/Schwartz (LU) 8-3
2. Inacker/Thaney (CU) def. Arthofer/Furman (LU) 8-5
3. Murasko-Blank/Vityuk (LU) def. Fenn/Stimmel (CU) 8-3
1. Gwen Dwyer (LU) def. Jackie Couture (CU) 6-0, 6-3
2. Elise DeRose (CU) def. Alexis Jacobi (LU) 6-0, 6-3
3. Samantha Inacker (CU) def. Allie Schwartz (LU) 6-1, 6-1
4. Julie Arthofer (LU) def. Erin Fenn (CU) 6-0, 6-1
5. Cameron Thaney (CU) def. Cessa Murasko-Blank (LU) 7-6 (3), 5-7, 10-7
6. Cameron Williams (CU) def. Ruthie Furman (LU)