Posted: March 8, 2006
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Lehigh continued its winning ways on Wednesday as the Mountain Hawks blanked Jacksonville 7-0 at the Keith Watson Family Tennis Complex. Despite some lineup juggling, Lehigh won every match, including all six singles matches in straight sets, to pick up their seventh straight win and improve to 8-1 on the season and 2-0 on their spring break trip to Florida.
The Brown and White tolled to wins in all three doubles matches. Junior Evan Volkman and sophomore Brent Herbert were given a start at third doubles and rolled to an 8-0 win over Matt Kampfe and Tyler Thomas.
In singles play, Lehigh head coach Dave Shook bumped Alfredo Fernandez-Concha up to first singles, where he picked up his seventh win of the season, downing Marcos Oliveira in straight sets.
The Mountain Hawks will wrap up their trip to Florida on Thursday when they travel to Stetson for a match that gets underway at 11:00 am.
Lehigh 7 Jacksonville 0
1. Smalley/Nespoli (LU) def. Clay Garrett/Oliveira (JU), 8-3
2. Concha/Nelson (LU) def. Cory Garrett/Newman (JU), 8-1
3. Volkman/Herbert (LU) def. Kampfe/Thomas (JU), 8-0
1. Alfredo Ferandez-Concha (LU) def. Marcos Oliveira (JU), 6-4, 6-3
2. Randall Smalley (LU) def. Clay Garrett (JU), 6-2, 6-1
3. Ryan Lloyd (LU) def. Cory Garrett (JU), 7-5, 6-1
4. Brad Nelson (LU) def. Tim Newman (JU), 6-0, 6-0
5. John Nespoli (LU) def. Tyler Thomas (JU), 6-0, 6-0
6. Andrew Balshi (LU) def. Matt Kampfe (JU), 6-0, 6-0