Lehigh opens weekend with loss to Boston College
Posted: February 19, 2005
Bethlehem, PA – For the third time in as many weeks Lehigh dropped the front end of two weekend matches, falling to Boston College 6-1 Saturday at the Lewis Tennis Center. The Eagles took two of three doubles contests and the first five singles matches as they drop the Mountain Hawks to 2-4 on the spring season.
Boston College took the first two doubles matches to earn the first point of the match. John Nespoli teamed with Brad Nelson to defeat Chris Louis and Anton Bogdanovich, 9-8 (5).
In singles competition the Eagles posted victories in the first five flights, all in straight sets, before Nelson picked up his second win of the day, over Dennis Reardon 7-6, 6-1.
Lehigh will be back in action on Sunday as the Mountain Hawks will host Stony Brook at 9:30. The previous two times Lehigh dropped the front end of a two-match weekend, the Mountain Hawks rallied to win the second match. Sundays match gets underway at 9:30 from the Lewis Tennis Center.
Lehigh vs. Boston College Singles
- Soma Kesthely (BC) def. Ty Esler (LU), 6-1, 6-3
- Chris McCoy (BC) def. Randall Smalley (LU) 6-3, 6-1
- Anton Bogdanovich (BC) def. Ryan Lloyd (LU) 6-4, 7-5
- Jason Sechrist (BC) def. Alfredo Fernandez-Concha (LU) 6-4, 6-0
- Derrick Chou (BC) def. John Nespoli (LU) 6-4, 6-2
- Brad Nelson (LU) def. Dennis Reardon (BC) 7-6 (1), 6-1
Lehigh vs. Boston College Doubles
- McCoy and Sechrist (BC) def. Esler and Smalley (LU) 9-8 (6)
- Kesthely and Chou (BC) def. Andrew Shapiro and Ryan Lloud (LU) 8-4
- Nespoli and Nelson (LU) def. Louis and Bogdanovich (BC) 9-8 (5)