Mountain Hawks suffer first league loss to Navy
BETHLEHEM, Pa. – The Lehigh women’s tennis team suffered its first Patriot League loss as the Mountain Hawks fell 7-0 to Navy Sunday at the Lewis Tennis Center. The Midshipmen flexed their muscles winning all three doubles and six singles matches to snap Lehigh’s two match winning streak.
The loss drops Lehigh to 3-10 overall and 1-1 in the league while Navy remains unbeaten in the league at 3-0.
Without freshman Jenai Bilimoria, Lehigh had to juggle its lineup. Junior Liz Piscitelli and sophomore Abbey Perl moved up to the No.1 doubles spot but lost 8-1 to Amanda Griffin and Dye Das. The Mountain Hawks ended up dropping all three doubles matches with freshmen Kathleen Larkin and Jill Sloand winning three games in a loss at No. 3 doubles.
Navy continued its dominance in singles play, winning all six matches in straight sets. Perl and Sloand won the most games within their matches as they won three games apiece at No. 4 and No. 6 singles.
The Mountain Hawks will be back on the courts on Monday when they host Hunter at 4 p.m. inside the Lewis Tennis Center.
Navy 7, Lehigh 0
1. Griffin/Das (Navy) def. Piscitelli/Perl (Lehigh) 8-1
2. Decquir/Ton (Navy) def. Hampshire/Muething (Lehigh) 8-2
3. Snook/Boucher (Navy) def. Larkin/Sloand (Lehigh) 8-3
1. Amanda Griffin (Navy) def. Taylor Hampshire (Lehigh) 6-1, 6-1
2. Emani Decquiz (Navy) def. Liz Piscitelli (Lehigh) 6-1, 6-1
3. Stef Ton (Navy) def. Patricia Muething (Lehigh) 6-0, 6-2
4. Darien Sears (Navy) def. Abbey Perl (Lehigh) 6-2, 6-1
5. Erin Snook (Navy) def. Kathleen Larkin (Lehigh) 6-1, 6-1
6. Brittany Boucher (Navy) def. Jill Sloand (Lehigh) 6-2, 6-1