BETHLEHEM, Pa. – Lehigh concluded its first weekend of play with its second straight setback as the Mountain Hawks dropped a 7-0 decision to visiting Georgetown Saturday at the Lewis Tennis Center. The Hoyas swept all three doubles matches and six singles matches, dropping a total of six doubles games and just five singles games.
With the loss the Mountain Hawks fall to 0-2 on the young season.
The Mountain Hawks once again started four freshmen in their lineup, including the debut of Abigail Gendler at third doubles and sixth singles.
Georgetown swept all three doubles matches, winning all three by identical 8-2 scores. In singles play, the Hoyas won 6-0, 6-0 matches at No. 3, No. 4 and No. 6 singles. Freshman Jenai Bilimoria won the most games of any Mountain Hawk, taking three games off Lauren Greco at No. 2 singles. Taylor Hampshire and Kathleen Larkin won a game apiece in losing efforts at first and fifth singles respectively.
The Mountain Hawks will return to the court on Thursday February 17 when they host the Delaware Fightin’ Blue Hens at 3 p.m.
Georgetown 7, Lehigh 0
1. Wetmore/Greco (GU) def. Hampshire/Larkin (LU) 8-2
2. Tehrani/Sekely (GU) def. Bilimoria/Muething (LU) 8-2
3. Jaegar/Sebia (GU) def. Perl/Gendler (LU) 8-2
1. Stephanie Wetmore (GU) def. Taylor Hampshire (LU) 6-0, 6-1
2. Lauren Greco (GU) def. Jenai Bilimoria (LU) 6-1, 6-2
3. Tina Tehrani (GU) def. Patricia Muething (LU) 6-0, 6-0
4. Vicky Sekely (GU) def. Abbey Perl (LU) 6-0, 6-0
5. Alex Sebia (GU) def. Kathleen Larkin (LU) 6-1, 6-0
6. Madeline Jaegar (GU) def. Abigail Gendler (LU) 6-0, 6-0