BETHLEHEM, Pa. – Senior Cessa Murasko-Blank earned the Mountain Hawks’ only point on Tuesday afternoon as Lehigh fell 6-1 to the Blazers of UAB at the Lewis Tennis Center. The Mountain Hawks lost all three doubles matches and five of the six singles matches to fall to 5-6 on the season.
Playing at No. 5 singles, it took three sets for Murasko-Blank to defeat Seden Soyalp. Murasko-Blank won the first set 6-4, but then saw Soyalp take the second set 7-6. In the tie-breaker, Murasko-Blank was the first player to score ten points as she won the final set 10-4.
In doubles action, UAB won two of the three matches by scores of 8-0 and then won 8-2 at No. 2 doubles.
The Mountain Hawks return to action on Saturday when they host Mount St. Mary’s at 2:00 pm.
1. Esen/von Samson (UAB) def. Dwyer/Schwartz (Lehigh) 8-0
2. Nugent/Elsholz (UAB) def. Jacobi/Murasko-Blank (Lehigh) 8-2
3. Maier-Knapp/Tanzeem (UAB) def. Arthofer/Furman (Lehigh) 8-0
1. Nischa Maier-Knapp (UAB) def. Gwen Dwyer (Lehigh) 6-0, 6-0
2. Julia von Samson (UAB) def. Alexis Jacobi (Lehigh) 6-1, 6-1
3. Magdalena Czernik (UAB) def. Allie Schwartz (Lehigh) 6-0, 6-1
4. Annemieke Elholz (UAB) def. Julie Arthofer (Lehigh) 6-2, 6-3
5. Cessa Murasko-Blank (Lehigh) def. Seden Soyalp (UAB) 6-4, 6-7, 10-4
6. Antonia Nugent (UAB) def. Ruthie Furman (Lehigh) 6-4, 6-0