Posted: April 11, 2010
BETHLEHEM, Pa. – Freshman Gena Levengood and sophomore Elizabeth Piscitelli secured the final two points for Lehigh, as it defeated Fordham 5-2 Sunday afternoon on the Varsity Tennis Courts. The Mountain Hawks took the first three points of the match, but the Rams were able respond and win the next two. Freshman Patricia Muething’s win at No. 4 singles ended up being the winning point in the match. With the victory over Fordham, Lehigh closes out the regular season with a 4-13 (2-4) overall record.
xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-
Playing in the No. 6 singles match, Levengood defeated Liz Stall 0-6, 6-3, 6-1 to pick up a big victory for the Brown and White. Piscitelli also went into three sets in her match, as she closed things out for the Mountain Hawks with a 7-6, 2-6, 6-3 win over Sarah Tremaine.
Lehigh won four of its singles matches, but senior Isabel Breit and sophomore Stacey Reich fell at No. 3 and 5. Reich was bested by Bethany Boyle 6-3 and 6-4, while Breit lost to Fordham’s Taylor Holt 7-5 and 6- 4,
The Mountain Hawks will now turn their attention to the Patriot League championship on Friday April 16 in Hamilton, N.Y.
Lehigh 5, Fordham 2
1. Arthofer/Piscitelli (LU) def. Tremaine/Mullen (FU) 8- 0
2. Reich/Muething (LU) def. Boyle/Holt (FU) 8- 1
3. Stall/Featherston (FU) def. Perl/Murasko-Blank (LU) 8-2
1. Julie Arthofer (LU) def. Martina Featherston (FU) 6- 0, 6-0
2. Liz Piscitelli (LU) def. Sarah Tremaine (FU) 7-6, 2-6, 6-3
3. Bethany Boyle (FU) def. Stacy Reich (LU) 3-6, 4- 6
4. Patricia Muething (LU) def. Jenny Mullen (FU) 6-0, 6-2
5. Taylor Holt (FU) def. Isabel Breit (LU) 5-7, 4- 6
6. Gena Levengood (LU) def. Liz Stall (FU) 0-6, 6-3, 6- 1
Lehigh - Fordham Post-Match Extra