Posted: April 3, 2010
FAIRFAX, Va. – Lehigh suffered its third straight loss on Saturday as the Mountain Hawks fell to George Mason by a 7-0 score. The host Patriots were dominant, winning all three doubles matches and all six singles contests to improve to 16-7 while the Mountain Hawks fall to 2-11 with the setback.
George Mason began by sweeping the doubles matches, the closes of which was at No. 1 doubles where Kiersten Pappas and Lindsay Gray won by an 8-6 score over Lehigh’s top team of senior Julie Arthoger and sophomore Liz Piscitelli.
In singles play, the Patriots continued their dominance, sweeping the six matches in straight sets. Piscitelli captured the most games of any Mountain Hawk, taking five off of Gray in a 6-3, 6-2 loss. The other five Lehigh singles players each won three or four total games in their respective matches.
The Mountain Hawks return home and return to Patriot League play on Tuesday when they host Lafayette. The match is slated for a 3 p.m. start from the Ulrich Varsity Courts.
George Mason 7, Lehigh 0
1. Pappas/Gray (GM) def. Arthofer/Piscitelli (LU) 8-6
2. Blackwell/Wingo (GM) def. Reich/Muething (LU) 8-4
3. Cutchin/Londen (GM) def. Perl/Levengood (LU) n/a
1. Kiersten Pappas (GM) def. Julie Arthofer (LU) 6-3, 6-1
2. Lindsay Gray (GM) def. Liz Piscitelli (LU) 6-3, 6-2
3. Alison Wingo (GM) def. Stacey Reich (LU) 6-3, 6-0
4. Brooke Blackwell (GM) def. Patricia Muething (LU) 6-2, 6-2
5. Meredith Cutchin (GM) def. Kiera Murasko-Blank (LU) 6-3, 6-0
6. Aryn Christman (GM) def. Izzy Breit (LU) 6-1, 6-3