Posted: April 2, 2010
ANNAPOLIS, Md. – Navy picked up its first ever Patriot League win in women’s tennis at Lehigh’s expense as the Midshipmen downed the Mountain Hawks 6-1 Friday afternoon on the USNA Tennis Courts. Sophomore Izzy Breit won her match for Lehigh at No. 6 singles to account for the Mountain Hawks’ lone point as the Brown and White fell to 2-10 overall and 1-2 against league foes.
The Midshipmen won for the fifth time in six matches, improving to 8-3, 1-1 in the league.
In doubles action, Navy swept all three matches to take an early 1-0 lead. The closest match was at No.1 doubles where Emani Decquir and Brittney Boucher edged senior Julie Arthofer and sophomore Liz Piscitelli 8-6.
In singles play, the Mids continued their success winning the first five flights in straight sets. Lehigh netted its only point as Breit downed Lindsay Olsen 6-3, 6-4 at No. 6 singles.
The Mountain Hawks will look to snap their two match losing streak on Saturday when they take on George Mason. First serves are set for 10 a.m. from Fairfax, Va.
Navy 6, Lehigh 1
1. Decquir/Boucher (Navy) def. Arthofer/Piscitelli (LU) 8-6
2. Das/Ton (Navy) def. Reich/Muething (LU) 8-3
3. Olsen/Dias (Navy) def. Murasko-Blank/Perl (LU) 8-4
1. Emani Decquir (Navy) def. Julie Arthofer (LU) 6-4, 6-2
2. Brittney Boucher (Navy) def. Liz Piscitelli (LU) 6-2, 6-1
3. Stefanie Ton (Navy) def. Stacey Reich (LU) 6-1, 6-2
4. Dye Das (Navy) def. Patricia Muething (LU) 6-0, 6-4
5. Natalie Houle (Navy) def. Kiera Murasko-Blank (LU) 6-3, 6-4
6. Izzy Breit (Lehigh) def. Lindsay Olsen (Navy) 6-3, 6-4