Posted: March 29, 2010
BETHLEHEM, Pa. – After picking up its second win of the season on Sunday, Lehigh could not continue momentum into its next match as the Mountain Hawks fell 7-0 to Stony Brook Monday afternoon at the Lewis Tennis Center. The visiting Seawolves swept through all three doubles matches and won all six singles contests in straight sets as the improved to 9-3 with the victory. The Mountain Hawks drop to 2-9 with the setback.
Doubles play saw Stony Brook drop just six games across the three flights. Lehigh managed to take three games at No. 3 doubles but the team of junior Kiera Murasko-Blank and sophomore Izzy Breit fell 8-3 to Fanny Charliquart and Katherine Hanson.
In singles action, the Seawolves took all six matches in straight sets to complete the shutout. Senior Stacey Reich and freshman Patricia Muething each took three games off their respective opponents. Muething was the only Mountain Hawk to win at least one game in each set as she fell 6-1, 6-2 to Prerana Appineni at No. 4 singles.
The Mountain Hawks will return to action on Friday when they take to the road for a Patriot League showdown with Navy. The match is slated for a 2 p.m. start from Annapolis, Md.
Stony Brook 7, Lehigh 0
1. Rodolfi/Appineni (SB) def. Arthofer/Piscitelli (LU) 8-1
2. Pieschl/Mehter (SB) def. Reich/Muething (LU) 8-2
3. Charliquart/Hanson (SB) def. Murasko-Blank/Breit (LU) 8-3
1. Nini Lagvilava (SB) def. Julie Arthofer (LU) 6-0, 6-1
2. Anna Pieschl (SB) def. Liz Piscitelli (LU) 6-2, 6-0
3. Paola Rodolfi (SB) def. Stacey Reich (LU) 6-3, 6-0
4. Prerana Appineni (SB) def. Patricia Muething (LU) 6-1, 6-2
5. Aylin Mehter (SB) def. Kiera Murasko-Blank (LU) 6-0, 6-1
6. Gayatri Krishnan (SB) def. Izzy Breit (LU) 6-0, 6-0
Lehigh - Stony Brook Post-Match Extra