Posted: February 21, 2010
BETHLEHEM, Pa. – One day after picking up its first win of the spring season, Lehigh could not carry the momentum over to its next match as the Mountain Hawks fell 6-1 to Drexel Sunday at the Lewis Tennis Center. Senior Stacey Reich won a three set match over Sonja Stosic at third singles to account for Lehigh’s only point as the Mountain Hawks fall to 1-5 on the season.
All three doubles matches were tightly contested, but the visiting Dragons won all three matches by 9-7 scores to take a 1-0 lead.
In singles play, Drexel extended its lead with straight set wins at the top two flights before Reich put Lehigh on the board with a 2-6, 7-6, 6-1 win over Stosic. The Dragons put the match away as Emma Brook and Elise Leizerovich won straight-set matches over freshman Patricia Muething and Abbey Perl at fourth and fifth singles. At No. 6 singles, junior Kiera Murasko-Blank took Melissa Bohm to a third set ten point tiebreak before falling 6-2, 3-6, 10-6.
The Mountain Hawks will return to action on Tuesday when they host the Towson Tigers at the Lewis Tennis Center at 3 p.m.
Drexel 6, Lehigh 1
1. Hilali/Stosic (DU) def. Arthofer/Piscitelli (LU) 9-7
2. Unkaya/Leizerovich (DU) def. Reich/Muething (LU) 9-7
3. Brook/Hamad (DU) def. Perl/Murasko-Blank (LU) 9-7
1. Zineb Hilali (DU) def. Julie Arthofer (LU) 6-0, 6-0
2. Gozde Unkaya (DU) def. Liz Piscitelli (LU) 7-6, 6-2
3. Stacey Reich (LU) def. Sonja Stosic (DU) 2-6, 7-6, 6-1
4. Emma Brook (DU) def. Patricia Muething (LU) 6-2, 6-2
5. Elise Leizerovich (DU) def. Abbey Perl (LU) 6-4, 6-3
6. Melissa Bohm (DU) def. Kiera Murasko-Blank (LU) 6-2, 3-6, 10-6
Lehigh Mountain Hawks Post-Match Extra