Posted: February 20, 2010
BETHLEHEM, Pa. – Lehigh saw its four match winning streak come to an end on Saturday as Georgetown came into the Lewis Tennis Center and downed the Mountain Hawks 5-2. Junior Troy List once again won at both singles and doubles, but the visiting Hoyas won the doubles point and added four singles wins. The loss drops Lehigh back to .500 on the season at 4-4.
“Our guys are fighting really hard,” said Lehigh head coach Dave Shook. “We lost two tough three-set matches and we lost that doubles point, which can really hurt. We need to start winning the doubles point more often.”
Despite an 8-6 win from List and junior Collin Laffey over Andrew Bruhn and Bryan Miller at No. 1 doubles, Georgetown won the matches at second and third doubles to claim the opening point of the match.
In singles play, List picked up a three-set win over Miller, winning 7-6, 2-6, 7-5. The Mountain Hawks’ other point came from freshman Matt Savran, who downed Charlie Caris in straight sets at No. 4 singles. Georgetown won in straight sets at No. 2 and No. 3 singles, and clinched the match when Will Lowell beat sophomore Ryan Krueger 6-2, 2-6, 6-3 at No. 5 singles.
The Mountain Hawks will be back on the court on Sunday when they host the Drexel Dragons at the Lewis Tennis Center at 2 p.m.
Georgetown 5, Lehigh 2
1. List/Laffey (LU) def. Bruhn/Miller (GU) 8-6
2. Lowell/Tan (GU) def. Richardson/Savran (LU) 8-6
3. Tillem/Caris (GU) def. Silbert/Pacheco (LU) 8-6
1. Troy List (LU) def. Bryan Miller (GU) 7-6, 2-6, 7-5
2. David Tillem (GU) def. Collin Laffey (LU) 6-2, 6-3
3. Anthony Tan (GU) def. Leland Richardson (LU) 7-6, 6-3
4. Matt Savran (LU) def. Charlie Caris (GU) 6-4, 7-6
5. Will Lowell (GU) def. Ryan Krueger (LU) 6-2, 2-6, 6-3
6. Andrew Bruhn (GU) def. Andrew Krentz (LU) 4-6, 6-4, 10-7