Posted: October 25, 2009
BETHLEHEM, Pa. – Lehigh wrapped up its fall tennis schedule on Sunday with the final day of the Lehigh Fall Tennis Championships Sunday on the Ulrich Varsity Courts. The Mountain Hawks split 16 singles matches on the day, winning three out of seven against Delaware and five out of nine from a hybrid team consisting of players from Monmouth and Temple.
“The most important thing from this weekend was that our freshmen were able to go out and get the nerves out,” said Lehigh head coach Dave Shook. “We showed that we have some talented players.”
Three Mountain Hawks: junior Troy List, sophomore Ryan Krueger and freshman Andrew Krentz won both singles matches on the day. List took out Courtney Scott of Delaware 6-2, 6-3 and Kacper Rams of Temple 6-4,6-4. Krueger defeated Delaware’s Jeff Marshall in straight sets before taking out David Sherwood of Monmouth 6-3, 6-4. Krentz capped off an unblemished weekend with a 6-3, 6-3 win over Camilo Perez of Delaware, then disposed of Monmouth’s Harvey Bhalla 7-5, 6-3
“Troy (List) had a strong day with two wins and went 3-1 overall this weekend,” said Shook. “I was impressed with the play of Andrew Krentz our freshman. He didn’t lose a match all weekend in singles or doubles and proved that he’s a winner.
Other winners on the day for Lehigh were junior Collin Laffey, who went 1-1, beating Monmouth’s Corey Forrest 6-4, 6-4; and freshman Matt Savran who picked up a 6-4, 6-1 win over Ian Terpilowski.
The Mountain Hawks will return to action when the spring tennis season begins in late January.
Lehigh vs. Delaware
1. Troy List (LU) def. Courtney Scott (UD) 6-2, 6-3
2. Chris Hincker (UD) def. Collin Laffey (LU) 6-2, 1-6, 10-7
3. Sam Barrer (UD) def. Edgars Rauza (LU) 6-2, 6-3
4. Nick Piacente (UD) def. Matt Savran (LU) 6-5, 7-5
5. Ryan Krueger (LU) def. Jeff Marshall (UD) 6-3, 6-4
6. Andrew Krentz (LU) def. Camilo Perez (UD) 6-3, 6-3
7. Ryan Kent (UD) def. Chris Collins (LU) 6-3, 6-3
Lehigh vs. Monmouth/Temple
1. Troy List (LU) def. Kacper Rams (TU) 6-4, 6-4
2. Collin Laffey (LU) def. Corey Forrest (MU) 6-4, 6-4
3. Dmitry Vizhonov (TU) def. Edgars Rauza (LU) 6-2, 7-5
4. Matt Savran (LU) def. Ian Terpilowski (MU) 6-4, 6-1
5. Ryan Krueger (LU) def. David Sherwood (MU) 6-3, 6-4
6. Andrew Krentz (LU) def. Harvey Bhalla (MU) 7-5, 6-3
7. Matt King (TU) def. Greg Holtzman (LU) 6-2, 6-1
8. Ben Dashiell (MU) def. Arnaldo Pacheco (LU) 7-6, 6-1
9. Luv Sodha (TU) def. Cameron Silbert (LU) 6-3, 6-4