Posted: October 11, 2009
BETHLEHEM, Pa. – Lehigh wrapped-up action at the Men’s and Women’s Team Tennis Challenge, hosted by the Mountain Hawks on Ulrich Varsity Courts and inside the Lewis Tennis Center. The Mountain Hawks squared off against Delaware in singles and doubles action before the Lehigh freshmen closed out the week of action with four singles matches against Moravian.
It was rough sledding the Mountain Hawks against Delaware. Things started well in doubles play as Lehigh’s top team of juniors Troy List and Collin Laffey downed Austin Longacre and Gokay Celik 8-6, but the Fightin’ Blue Hens took over from there, winning three other doubles matches and sweeping nine singles matches as well.
Lehigh picked things up against Moravian as the freshmen quartet of Matt Savran, Andrew Krentz, Greg Holtzman and Matt Fink each picked up victories in singles play.
The Mountain Hawks will finish out their fall season when they host the Lehigh Fall Tennis Championships, October 24 and 25 on the Goodman Campus.
Lehigh vs. Delaware
1. List/Laffey (LU) def. Longacre/Celik (DU) 8-6
2. Scott/Hincker (DU) def. Silbert/Pacheco (LU) 8-5
3. Vorobyov/Piacente (DU) def. Rauza/Savran (LU) 8-5
4. Marshall/Perez (DU) def. Krueger/Collins (LU) 8-6
1. Austin Longacre (DU) def. Troy List (LU) 6-1, 6-7, 11-9
2. Gokay Celik (DU) def. Edgars Rauza (LU) 6-3, 6-3
3. Courtney Scott (DU) def. Matt Savran (LU) 6-3, 6-3
4. Chris Hincker (DU) def. Ryan Krueger (LU) 6-3, 6-4
5. Andre Vorobyov (DU) def. Chris Collins (LU) 6-4, 6-1
6. Arnaldo Pacheco (LU) vs. Nick Piacente (DU), score unavailable
7. Andrew Krentz (LU) vs. Jeff Marshall (LU), score unavailable
8. Camilo Perez (DU) def. Greg Holtzman (LU) 6-3, 6-1
9. Matt Fink (LU) vs. Ryan Kent (DU), score unavailable
Lehigh vs. Moravian
1. Matt Savran (LU) def. Ian Box (MC) 6-1, 6-1
2. Andrew Krentz (LU) def. Kevin Holze (MC) 6-0, 6-3
3. Greg Holtzman (LU) def. Drew Shreter (MC) 6-1, 4-6, 10-4
4. Matt Fink (LU) def. Nick Yelito (MC) 6-0, 6-0