SYRACUSE, N.Y. – The Lehigh men’s tennis team fell 7-0 to Colgate Sunday afternoon in the Patriot League opener for both teams at the Eastside Racquet Club. The Mountain Hawks failed to earn a point on their way to their second straight defeat. Lehigh now stands at 5-12 overall and 0-1 in the Patriot League while Colgate evens its record at 6-6. The Raiders are 1-0 in league matches.
“We were a little flat out there at the start,” said Lehigh head coach Dave Shook. “I’m not sure what it was. Maybe they’ve played too many matches or they’re tired but we need to fix what’s not working for us right now.”
The Mountain Hawks will return to the court on Saturday when they visit Patriot League rival Army. First serves are set for 3 p.m. from West Point, N.Y.
Colgate 7, Lehigh 0
1. MacIntyre/Nogueras (CU) def. List/Laffey (LU) 8-6
2. Bernasek/Goussaitnikov (CU) def. Silbert/Pacheco (CU) 8-4
3. Yassky/Pellechi (CU) def. Rauza/Collins (LU) 8-3
1. Martin MacIntyre (CU) def. Troy List (LU) 6-3, 6-2
2. John Nogueras (CU) def. Collin Laffey (LU) 6-2, 6-1
3. Phil Bernasek (CU) def. Edgars Rauza (LU) 6-3, 6-3
4. Michael Yassky (CU) def. Chris Collins (LU) 6-2, 2-6, 6-0
5. Ruslan Goussaitnikov (CU) def. Cameron Silbert (LU) 8-5
6. Sean Spellberg (CU) def. Arnaldo Pacheco (LU) 8-4