Mountain Hawks upended by Stony Brook, 6-1
Posted: March 13, 2009
BETHLEHEM, Pa. – Lehigh opened up a busy weekend of tennis action with a 6-1 loss to Stony Brook Friday inside the Lewis Tennis Center. Sophomore Troy List picked up his team-leading eighth singles win of the season for the Mountain Hawks’ lone point of the match. Stony Brook swept the doubles matches and took three of four singles matches. Lehigh falls to 4-10 on the spring season with the loss.
Stony Brook cruised to a 3-0 lead with wins in each of the three doubles flights. In singles play, List put the Mountain Hawks on the scoreboard as he downed Halvar Dil 6-3, 6-4 at the top flight. The Seawolves clinched the victory with wins at flights No. 2 and No. 3, and added a win at No.4 singles, where Lehigh sophomore Chris Collins captured the first set, but Bertrand Marcos rallied to take the second before winning a ten-point tiebreak 10-7.
The Mountain Hawks weekend of three matches in three days continues on Saturday when Lehigh meets Niagara. First serves are set for 2 p.m. from the Lewis Tennis Center.
Stony Brook 6, Lehigh 1
1. Dil/Rummel (SBU) def. List/Laffey (LU) 8-5
2. Epstein/Marcos (SBU) def. Silbert/Pacheco (LU) 8-4
3. Fassi-Fehri/Wong (SBU) def. Rauza/Collins (LU) 8-3
1. Troy List (LU) def. Halvar Dil (SBU) 6-3, 6-4
2. Ivan Rummel (SBU) def. Collin Laffey (LU) 6-3, 6-1
3. Jon Epstein (SBU) def. Edgars Rauza (LU) 6-1, 6-2
4. Bertrand Marcos (SBU) def. Chris Collins (LU) 4-6, 6-3, 10-7