Posted: February 22, 2009
BETHLEHEM, Pa. – Lehigh saw its three match winning streak come to an end as the Mountain Hawks fell 4-3 to Drexel Sunday afternoon at the Lewis Tennis Center. Sophomore Troy List continued his recent string of success, with his sixth straight win at No. 1 singles, but Lehigh dropped all three doubles matches and the Mountain Hawks could only muster a split of six singles matches. The setback drops Lehigh to 3-7 on the season.
After dropping the doubles point, List picked up an impressive win at No. 1 singles to get Lehigh on the scoreboard as he downed Joe Koebele 6-4, 6-1.
The Dragons captured the next three flights to clinch the match, with the decisive point coming at No. 4 singles where Sabyasachi Bose outlasted sophomore Chris Collins in three sets.
Lehigh did manage to finish strong however, as freshman Ryan Krueger and sophomore Arnaldo Pacheco were impressive in picking up straight set victories at the bottom two flights.
The Mountain Hawks will be off this week and will return to action on Monday, March 2, when they open up their spring break trip in Melbourne, Florida against Florida Tech. The match is set for a 10 a.m. start.
Drexel 4, Lehigh 3
1. Koebele/Pangilinan (DU) def. List/Laffey (LU) 8-4
2. Bose/Savage-Pollock (DU) def. Pacheco/Silbert (LU) 8-5
3. Rhazali/Nguyen (DU) def. Collins/Krueger (LU) 8-4
1. Troy List (LU) def. Joe Koebele (DU) 6-4, 6-1
2. Carlo Pangilinan (DU) def. Collin Laffey (LU) 6-4, 6-0
3. Mehdi Rhazali (DU) def. Edgars Rauza (LU) 6-1, 6-1
4. Sabyasachi Bose (DU) def. Chris Collins (LU) 6-3, 3-6, 6-1
5. Ryan Krueger (LU) def. Jason Savage-Pollock (DU) 6-4, 6-2
6. Arnaldo Pacheco (LU) def. Bryan Nguyen (DU) 6-4, 6-3