Posted: March 18, 2008
BETHLEHEM, Pa. - Lehigh suffered its third straight loss, this time falling to Delaware 5-2 at the Lewis Tennis Center on Tuesday. The Mountain Hawks took two single’s matches, but the Fightin’ Blue Hens swept in the doubles round to come away with the win. Troy List and Chris Collins came away with wins for the Brown and White, winning their respective games 6-3, 6-3, and 3-6, 6-4, 6-4. With the loss, the Mountain Hawks fall to 3-6 on the year.
In the first doubles game John Nespoli and List put up a strong fight, but could not finish off Austin Longacre and Nolan Greenberg, losing 8-5. The Mountain Hawks put another strong effort in the final doubles match, but once again lost 8-5.
Nespoli started the singles games off with a 6-2, 7-5 loss, but List came back to tie things up with a 6-3, 6-3 win over Greenberg. Delaware took the next two games, before Collins won his game. Robbie Bolcar lost the final singles game to Jon Schwartz 6-0, 6-3, as the Fightin’ Blue Hens earned their third win of the season.
Lehigh is back in action on March 25, when it plays host to Monmouth at 3 p.m. That match is scheduled to be the Mountain Hawks first outdoor home match of the year, taking place on the Ulrich Varsity Courts.
Delaware 5 Lehigh 2
1. Longacre/Greenberg (UD) def. Nespoli/List (LU) 8-5
2. Perez/Andrew Blumberg (UD) def. Brent Herbert/Collins 8-1
3. Barrer/Schwartz (UD) def. Pacheco/Camren Silbert 8-5
1. Austin Longacre (UD) def. Jon Nespoli (LU) 6-2, 7-5
2. Troy List (LU) def. Nolan Greenberg (UD) 6-3, 6-3
3. Sam Barrer (UD) def. J.T. Bolcar 6-4, 6-3
4. Chris Hincker (UD) def. Arnaldo Pacheco (LU) 4-6, 6-4, 6-2
5. Chris Collins (LU) def. Camilo Perez (UD) 3-6, 6-4, 6-4
6. Jon Schwartz (UD) def. Robbie Bolcar (LU) 6-0, 6-3