Taylor Gym Policies
WELCOME TO TAYLOR GYM
For your safety, and the safety of others around you, we ask that you become familiar with our facility policies.
These policies pertain to all Lehigh University Athletics Facilities
- Use of this facility is for Lehigh University ID card holders and authorized personnel only. LUID must be present for admittance into the facility.
- Authorized users include students, faculty, staff, volunteers, and dependents who present current authorized cards. All dependents under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an authorized user 18 years of age or older.
- Guests must be sponsored by a current LU student, faculty, or staff member.
- Dependents or privilege pass holders may not sponsor guests. Guests must exit when their sponsor exits the facility.
- Unauthorized individuals using facilities or waiting to use campus facilities will be treated as trespassers by gym management and campus security officers.
- Guest visitations are limited to one visit per semester.
- Operational hours will be posted in the appropriate areas of activity. Access to or usage of any University fitness/wellness or leisure sport/activity facilities is limited to normal hours of operation. Special events, inclement weather, or the academic calendar may impact hours of operation. Unauthorized access is strictly prohibited. For enforcement purposes, violators of this guideline will be subject to the University’s trespass policy.
- Unauthorized personal training or instruction is prohibited at any recreational facility.
- Each facility may have additional policies or guidelines which govern the particular area in which they are recreating.
- All individuals are expected to comply with all policies and guidelines which govern the particular area in which they are recreating. Failure to comply with any policies or guidelines may result in removal from the facility and loss of usage privileges on a temporary or permanent basis.
- The following groups have priority for use of all recreational facilities:
- Scheduled Group exercise classes
- Scheduled intramural events
- Scheduled intercollegiate activities and practices
- Scheduled LU events
- All court/activity areas must be reserved in advance with the Athletics Facilities management office for all organized activities, scheduled events, and team practices. This space is normally used for student open recreation.
- Proper attire and footwear is required (i.e. shorts, sweatpants, sneakers, etc.) when engaged in an activity. No sandals, shoes, work boots or street clothes.
- The athletics, fitness, and recreation staff have the authority to terminate any activity and remove individuals or teams from the facility that violate building or program policies.
- Facility management may restructure activities and schedule as necessary.
- Spitting on the floor or in the drinking fountains is not permitted.
- No bicycles, mopeds, roller skates/blades, skateboards, or animals other than mobility guides for the disabled will be allowed within the facility.
- No announcements, fliers, posters, etc. may be affixed to building walls. Any item to be posted must be approved by the Fitness Center Office.
- Chairs, dividers, tables, or other equipment not approved by the Fitness Director may not be used on the gym floor.
- All requests to film or photograph images, architecture and/or general activity inside the facility must receive prior approval from the Director of Fitness. This includes requests associated with school assignments, personal memorabilia, campus related projects, and commercial or news agencies.
- Use of photography, video and/or recording devices must be pre-approved by the facility director.
- The use of cell phones is discouraged and camera phones are prohibited.
- Taylor Gym is a coed facility. Ensure proper dress when walking in public areas.
- Proper dress includes – shirt, shoes and footwear at all times.