• Focus is competition at the highest level and student commitment, including expanded practice and extramural competitions on a regular and formal basis.
• Club has league or national affiliation that allows for league, regional or national championships at the Club Sports level.
• Competition schedule and success determines league post season tournament, regional or championship bids.
• A certified and insured volunteer or paid head coach may be required as determined by the league or association.
• A sustained financial model that supports all the projected annual expenses.
• Has history of commitment and success to sustain a higher level of competition.
• Conditional attainment through a formal application process.
The pursuit and/or attainment to the Club Varsity Sport level is not a stepping stone for the program to be elevated to Intercollegiate varsity status - the intention is to offer club competition at the highest level and student commitment, including expanded practice and extramural competitions on a regular and formal basis within the club sport model.
Club Highly Competitive:
• Focus is primarily on outside community competition with other schools.
• Club may have league or national affiliation that allows for league, regional or national championships at the Club Sports level.
• Practices are formal yet less regular with adherence to the needed number of scheduled contests to fulfill league requirements for post season tournaments and/or championships.
• Focus is primarily on campus (intra-squad) and outside community (tournament) competitions with other schools for allowance of participants to test their skill levels.
• The provision of instruction and guidance between experienced participants and less experienced participants and encourage proper techniques in a structured environment.
• Practices may be informal and irregular with limited scheduled contests
• Typically there are no league affiliations or requirements for this level.
• Focus is on fun and social gathering for players of all skill levels offers the provision of a minimal schedule of games within the local community or intra-squad matches which serve to create an opportunity for personal growth and camaraderie among teammates.
• Perform at athletic, campus and community events as determined by the head coach/student leader
• Meeting the specific talent qualifications/standards (tryouts) as determined by the student leadership and coach
• A liaison from the Athletics Department must be consulted for all varsity athletic event appearances
• A volunteer or paid coach (as required by the league or organization)