Lehigh Athletics Partnership - About Us
THE LEHIGH ATHLETICS PARTNERSHIP
The Lehigh Athletics Partnership is the community that experiences and supports Lehigh University Athletics in its broadest sense. Anyone who ever played a varsity sport at Lehigh and everyone who continues to support Lehigh Athletics by attending contests, wearing Lehigh Athletics apparel, following Lehigh Athletics on Lehighsports.com, sending their kids to our camps and clinics, attending our awards banquets and other social events, and contributing financially to our operations is our "partner" in the mission of Lehigh University Athletics and the success that we achieve.
The mission of the Lehigh Athletics Partnership organization, at its core, is to provide a framework and support system that will enable our former student-athletes to remain connected to their Lehigh sports program, and all who participated in it, in a manner that’s fun and impactful for the sport they played.
We welcome any and all interested parties, to be a part of the camaraderie enjoyed and the support system provided to our teams and programs.
In 2008, we began to launch "sport-specific" Partnerships or, in other words, alumni clubs organized by sport. These organizations are led and managed by the former student-athletes who competed in those sports during their time at Lehigh. These organizations have:
- Improved communications between our sports programs and the athletes who once played those sports at Lehigh
- Improved communications between and among all of the former athletes within our various sports across the eras
- Increased and improved the sport-specific alumni gatherings that take place throughout the year
- Created career networking opportunities for all who are actively involved
- Increased the financial support which is needed to fuel our programs and keep them strong